6.17.2015

Caleb 17 Month Update

Age: 17 months
Weight: 31ish lbs
Size clothes: 3T shirts, 3T shorts. Pants still don't fit unless they are Love and Lotus yoga pants

Interests: Caleb is really enjoying any type of physical activity. Since learning to walk a few months ago, he runs. Everywhere. He really likes parts, and is interested in more fine motor activities like stacking rings, putting cards into a key hole shot I made, or doing a straw drop. The "destructive" phase is still very much a part of how he plays, but he is starting to do more "synthesizing" activities. He continues to love playing with any size ball (especially basket balls) and he can chuck it. Caleb can throw a ball like 15-20 feet sometimes.  Its crazy to see how incredible his coordination is. He will do the outfielder type throw, running and throwing in perfect unison.

Challenges: Caleb is so incredibly active it is hard to keep up with his needs to get out of the house. My saving grace has been going to the YMCA to work out. He gets to run around in their outside playground area, playing with basketballs, "cook" in their play kitchen, and play with the train sets. He will last about a hour and a half while I do I class and take a shower. He gets some energy out, and I get to have a break and get my sweat on. Another challenge has been helping him keep up his hydration. He doesn't like to drink water as often as I would like. I have added homemade almond milk and more smoothies to his diet, and he seems to be doing better.

Funny Memory:  Caleb likes to lie flat on the floor occasionally. It is so funny to walk into the living room and to see him flat on his back, just chilling. It lasts 10 seconds at most, but it is so darn cute! Another funny memory from this month is Caleb's recent affinity for putting thins on his head. Baskets, blocks, any toy, and especially food when he is done eating. Its hilarious to watch him try to balance things, and then when they fall off he will bring the item to me and put it on my head.

Kissing Daddy 

Caleb LOVES playing basketball

Caleb chilling 

This guy wants to try to climb everything

"I made a huge mess, and now I must rest"

No comments:

Post a Comment