2.01.2010

up {DATE}

I finally was able to complete my graduate application last night and submit it at 2:45 am. ICK! John can attest to how much I was attempting to procrastinate, distract myself, and generally forget that I needed to complete an odious "PERSONAL STATEMENT". He kept me honest with myself. When I was looking at the grammy dresses that Lady Gaga and various other artists put together he totally called me out. He is such a gift!

Another gift that just arrived was an email in my inbox saying that I have passed all of my CSET examinations, requirements to enter the UCSD Masters program in the fall. Things are finally starting to come together, yet I always seem to be running around with my head chopped off!

Tonight I will be sharing my testimony at FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), but before that I am off to co-teach a first grade class for two hours, study for a midterm I will take tomorrow, dance in ballet class, and somehow manage to eat dinner and get home after FCA to study, all surviving on less than three hours of sleep. (did I mention that I had water polo practice for 3 hours this morning?). Daunting, yet somehow I always make it through those awful days with encouraging words from John and some type of God-given resolve and energy that is beyond myself.

P.S. Date night was amazing, I got the Chocolate Oreo Mudslide and we ended up watching Sherlock Holmes instead because we misread where To Save a Life was playing. It was really fun! I wish the weekend was still here : (

No comments:

Post a Comment