2.08.2010

long {WEEK}

I can't believe its already Monday again! Seriously where did the time go? I really think I must have snoozed for a minute and then woken up and... BAM! a week just was gone.

If I were to use one word to describe my week it would be tired. Or maybe busy and tired if it were two words. Ok ok, fine! If it were three words, and THAT WAS IT, it would be busy, tired, and zombie, if I am alowed to use the last word to describe my week, even if it's not an adjective but a noun. I feel like a zombie! Ahhhh! give me back my brain so I can function again!

John and I were both really busy and generally out of it this week, both of us having midterms, things that were due, and stuff that was crowding our weeknights such as FCA, basketball games (John), married community group, sewing class (me), team dinners (me), and water polo games to be played and watch (me and John respectively). I hate it when we don't have time to spend together! It seriously puts a huge damper on my day and on my life.

SOOoooo, today at noon when I found out that I would have 3 WHOLE hours this afternoon to do whatever I wanted, I decided to drive down to Scripps and surprise John after his midterm with a little hang out time. I waited outside of his class for 30 minutes while he finished up his midterm, and when I saw him finish and turn in his test through the window (yes I was stalking him), I made my move. I jumped in front of the window and waved frantically, all the while a huge smile was plastered on my face. He was more shocked than anything, but ultimately really glad to see me after an awfully difficult test.

We walked around a little bit in the sunny beautifullness outside, then I just couldn't bear to leave him so I decided to go to a seminar that he needed to attend. Can you say BORING? I mean, the woman was not the best speaker to begin with, and the lecture title had something about intra and inter breeding fish or whatever in it, not to mention slides with a gazillion tiny numbers, all that I am sure mean something really important, crammed onto slides that she went through way too fast. I will admit, I did not listen to a single work she said other than her name, and that too I forgot. I was instead watching The Lovely Bones on a pirated movie website (I am fairly confident it is illegal in multiple countries) on my laptop in the very back with earphones. I am sure the woman giving the seminar is a really nice person and is a great researcher, but I would not care to sit through something like that again. I don't know how he does it!

on a completely unrelated note, I scored a goal this weekend against Pomona! Wooo

Here is the run down, click it or ticket! http://www.ucsdtritons.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=31805&SPID=2549&DB_OEM_ID=5800&ATCLID=204883256

And sorry for the abrupt and rude goodbye, but I must go finish a few papers that are due tomorrow!

-ebey

No comments:

Post a Comment