12.06.2013

Thankfulness

During this season I wanted to take some time to think about a few things in my life for which I am truly thankful. I might have missed the blogging boat on Thanksgiving but I say better late than never!

Friends 
I am so thankful for my friends who celebrated my baby shower with me. There were people from multiple stages in my life who took the time to shower me with so much love. My mom and sisters traveled via plane and train, my childhood friend Robin and her mom traveled from Seattle, John's family drove from Orange county, and so many more girls who live in San Diego came as well! I am so thankful for my friends Stephanie and Danielle who threw the shower for me and put so much time and dedication to making the day AMAZING. I truly feel blessed!
My mom and sisters

Me and Robin

Everyone decorated onsies and bibs!


Beautiful leaders

Gifts
All pregnant!

The beautiful hosts
My beautiful in-laws and nephew
Loved the decor
 Family
I had such an amazing time with my family this Thanksgiving in Cayucos, just north of Cal poly SLO. My parents rented a house close to the beach and we had a blast playing cranium, cards, eating way too much great food, and playing on the beach. Some of the fam even decided to try out surfing in the freezing ocean! My mom and sister are both gluten-free and dairy-free and our Thanksgiving dinner was perfect because I could eat pretty much everything! Can you say bacon-garlic brussels sprouts? Mmmm.

We exchanged Christmas gifts and it was so fun to give and receive! For the third year in a row my family has done alternative gifts. The rules are that you can't buy anything that has a price tag on it. You may regift, repourpose, create, or score at a garage sale or thrift store.  I love it! My mom made us a baby quilt for our little guy that I can't stop ogling over and admiring. One of the things we made for my family (among other items) was a mobility peanut since pretty much everyone is an athlete in my family and gets tight backs.
Beautiful sunset

The quilt my mom made

The surfers! Hope, David, Hannah, Aunt Jenna, Elena the exchange student who lives with my parents

Another beautiful sunset

Me and Hope

The only warm spot to watch the sunset with Aunt Jenna


The Hubby
I am so thankful for my husband and I can't believe I get to spend each and every day with him! He has been such a help during my pregnancy and is always checking in with me to see how I am doing. The thing I am most thankful for is the closeness and connection we have developed over the past five years of marriage. It sure hasn't been easy and most of it has been hard work to fight for our marriage and for our time together to be meaningful. The past three evenings we have had such amazing conversations about the tough stuff that we are experiencing surrounding the idea of bringing a new little baby into our family. True vulnerability is raw, not very pretty, and exposing but OH SO WORTH IT. I am so thankful for John and his willingness to initiate a deepening of our relationship. We are able to let down our guards with each other and expose our true selves. We are excited about this little guy but also mourning the loss of our "two-ness" and the fact that things are going to be different.

The other thing I am so thankful for is the playfulness we have! I bought mistletoe and it cracks me up to see John standing under it with a big grin when I come in from another room. Laughter is the glue when things might not be going as smoothly as we had hoped.

This is a sneak peek of out maternity shoot, a gift from my sister Hope!



1 comment:

  1. ebey! what a beautiful post! so glad to have met you. look forward to the birth of your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete