10.28.2013

Best Pizza Ever

Our birthing class got canceled last night because our instructor Nicole was at a birth today. She's a midwife and a little baby decided it was his day to make his entrance into our world! I am really excited because she will be at our birth as our Midwife Vickii's partner midwife. They always work in teams of two and it's going to be awesome to have our birthing instructor at our birth! Since class was canceled we jetted over to Sprouts to get ingredients for pizza dinner. This is the best "pizza" ever. Seriously. Can you just see the ooooo soooo yummy melt-in-your-mouth goodness?


How to make it might you ask? Is it gluten and dairy-free? WHY YES! I use Sprouts gluten-free Ivory Teft Tortillas as "crust" and Daiya "cheese" shreds. This soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free cheese is amazing. It melts like cheese, tastes better than cheese, and most importantly it doesn't send my husband to the hospital (been there twice, done with that). Toppings are essential and since I can't do ham with nitrates I am so thankful Trader Joe's and Sprouts offer uncured meats free of nitrates! Mushrooms, onions, bell peppers, avocado, and tomatoes top it off. Mmmmm melted goodness.

I am really enjoying this weather change in San Diego. Its overcast and rained last night. It reminds me a little bit of the NorCal winters I grew up with. It's perfect cuddle-snuggle weather. It was hard to pull myself out of bed this morning to go to TRX at 8am but when I woke up and saw that John has already left for his 6:30am CrossFit workout I knew I didn't have any excuses. It is kind of nice to drive with a light drizzle and I am really glad I went to work out, I needed to do SOMETHING after that Saturday morning WOD. I forced myself to walk (BLAH) for 20 minutes on the treadmill and watched A Baby Story on TLC. The hospital the woman being featured delivered at must be pretty awesome because not only did her midwife let her labor in a tub, she was able to deliver her baby boy in the water! Hospitals are finally starting to catch on and allow water births, but most of them are on the east coast. We are planning on having all the home birth supplies to deliver in the water but we will see when D-Day gets here what I feel like doing. I took an amazing bath today after my workout and it did wonders for my joints and muscles. We shall see!

Things I love about fall/winter in San Diego:

1. I can be all bundled up and still wear flip-flops
2. The beach has good days still, even close to Christmas
3. Rain is a treat and I enjoy it instead of loathing it
4. No ice on my car in the morning
5. Most of all, my family comes to San Diego every year after Christmas for the Cru Christmas Conference and I get to see them all after Christmas with John's family!

I would love to start crafting for our son (outfits, blankets, hats, baby carries, ect) but I need to remember....

No comments:

Post a Comment