10.29.2013

Better Together

Life it better when you are together. I love doing the simple things with the people I love!



I love it when John comes home from work and we just sit next to each other and chat. Or when we need to go somewhere and we sit next to each other in the car. I love just BEING with him and enjoying the pleasure of his company. Simplicity in time spent together is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I like to be creepy and just stare at him. Or maybe that's what quiet love really is. Being comfortable to stare without words and to be stared at without looking away.




Today Stephanie and I did some errands and it is so much fun to just be together doing the mundane things that we all need to do. Her two kiddos are so sweet and they make life hilarious whenever we hang out. She picked up her laundry, we went to Subterranean Coffee Boutique because they have an option of using almond milk, she ran into Sprouts while I hung out with her sweeties in the car, and finally we went to pick up a fire pit from her mom's place to use for Halloween. When we got back to her place she nursed her little one while her son tried to open her car door properly by putting the key in the key hole of the car. So cute! She felt my belly and was able to tell me the position of where our son is (as I suspected, his favorite spot, transverse with his back facing downward). My favorite part of our short day together is just being able to do life side by side. Great friends make great company, no matter what you do together! I am missing Danielle who is in New York visiting her sisters but this is a pic from a while ago for my birthday. This was the night I told Steph and Danielle I was pregnant!


Dinner tonight was a real winner! Paleo chicken nuggets!


Ingredients

coconut oil for "frying"
1 large egg
1/4 cup almond milk or water
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional)
2 large chicken breast, cut into  2x2 inch pieces 1/2 inch thick

Directions

1. Whisk egg and almond milk (or water) in medium sized bowl 2. Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
3. Dip chicken in whisked eggs.
4. At this point heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in large frying pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees
5. Coat/cover chicken in dry mixture and place in hot oil.  Allow both sides to brown (about 2 minutes each side).
6. Place browned chicken on a cookie sheet, make sure there is space between all pieces.
7. Put chicken in oven for 10-15 minutes, check to make sure they are cooked through. There will be a lot of water run-off from baking, you can let the chicken drip onto a few paper towels. 

Remove and serve with ketchup or BBQ sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment