1.06.2014

Operation: Date Night Bucket List


I truly can't believe that the last few weeks of this little guy being inside me are coming to a close. I start to panic when I think about it, not because of fear or anything but because it doesn't seem real! How did almost 9 months fly by so very very fast?

I started doing prenatal yoga at a new studio and absolutely LOVE it. I am obsessed. It is super fun to practice with other mommies who want to have healthy pregnancies and bring their babies into the world more naturally. The best part of class is when we hold a semi-sumo squat with our hands above our heads for 1 minute (AKA "the goddess pose"). It's super tough but the instructor has us all breath together like we would through a labor surge and say "Ahhhhhh", "Ohhhhh", and "Wowwww" for three breaths for each sound. It was so hard the first time to breath through the shaking legs and quads-on-fire but I feel like a pro now! The biggest benefit I have seen is that I have less hip pain, my low back feels much stronger, and my hips are more open. I love that I sweat and stretch in the same workout and leave feeling refreshed.

OK! On to Operation: Date Night Bucket List. One thing John and I decided to do after I was inspired by my friend Jamie's blog was to do a date night bucket list. Jamie was due on Christmas day and did a post titled "10 Dates Before Baby". Her little guy was born on NYE! We decided to make out own list too. So far we have only done a few of the things on it but it has been fun to have a list to work off of instead of sitting around wondering where to go for a date night. Scroll down for pics!

-See a movie in the theaters

-Walk around the Hotel Del

-Go to Julian and get gluten-free apple pie

-See Christmas awesome lights

-Go to mount Soldad (where John proposed)

-Walk around UCSD (where we met)

-Get dessert at Casa De Luz (vegan gluten-free dessert place)

-Go to wind-n-sea at Sunset

-Walk Mission Beach at night

Playing chess at the UCSD library

Seeing Christmas magic at the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point

Hotel Del in Coronado

Christmas lights in Dana Point

Wind-n-Sea Sunset (bad yoga attempt)





No comments:

Post a Comment